Announcing a new forum to share ideas and insights.
Welcome to your STAR Thought Leadership Corner. All members are invited to submit original thought leadership article(s) on topics providing professional and/or personal insights.
Subject to generally-accepted standards of good taste, any topic that offers helpful information is appropriate. In some cases, this may relate to a personal journey. In others, best professional practices merit consideration. The idea is to share useful ideas and insights that will help make the STAR experience more valuable and meaningful to everyone.
STAR Article Submission Guidelines
- Everyone in STAR is invited to submit thought leadership articles they’ve written and/or want to write. While there is no hard and fast rule, target length generally will be 500-800 words. Members are welcome to contact Joyce Feustel, Stephanie Hill or Mark Lusky to discuss ideas and options, and to address questions or concerns, prior to submitting an article.
- Articles will fall into the expert advice, how-to category on any topic that is of general interest. This means that the article should contain helpful, hands-on information that informs and/or inspires. This is not a forum for self-promotional articles. The author’s byline will be included, along with a paragraph describing his/her company and pertinent contact information. EXAMPLES
- Submissions will be reviewed by an editorial group consisting of Board members Joyce Feustel (member at-large) and Mark Lusky (communications chair), and Stephanie Hill (STAR administrator) to determine suitability, needed editing and publication timing. As warranted, the editorial group will work with the author to ensure that the article is acceptable for inclusion in the STAR blog.
- While every reasonable effort will be made to publish all articles once they’re vetted by the editorial group, timing will be necessarily general. As the idea is to publish articles across a broad spectrum, multiple articles in the same industry category will likely be spaced out over a period of time.
- These guidelines are subject to refinement/revision as the article process proceeds.
Questions, Suggestions, Concerns? Contact Stephanie Hill (email@example.com)